Thursday, October 4, 2012

Why I Want to be Captain America

Don't let the title fool you, this is actually serious, not just a kid who hasn't grown up yet wanting to be his favorite super hero.

First off, let me introduce myself. I'm not new to the blogosphere, though I shut down my last blog, and reintroducing this one. I am a young student trying to obtain knowledge of things beyond my grasp. Also, I wanna go to space. I love enjoying a beer (I'm of age) with my friends and talk about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.


I love my country, her citizens, my Church, and Her Children. Also, I have a high sense of traditional honor, in the sense that I want nothing to serve something bigger than myself, and will defend that ideal with my life, even if that means unto death.

Something like this:
Captain America is the quintessential citizen. He stands up for what is right, and refuses to back down. In a Western society that has truth flipped inside out, we need shining stars that recognizes Truth and defend that Truth. We need leaders to grab Hell by the nuts, and make sure that it's gates don't prevail. We need people like this who does this, not out of revenge, hatred, or anger, but instead who have the honor to do what is right: to suppress the suppressors, to defend the defenselessness, and to make the world around a better place afterwards. Captain America always gets back up when knocked down, not to make himself look bigger and better, but for the great Cause of Truth, out of necessity to defend that Truth.

I want to be Captain America, for I pray to have his virtues, if only for the people that I love. As Captain America truly symbolizes the courage to stand up for the Truth, I can only hope and to be inspired by such courage as I work to obtain it myself.

I will end in a quote of his from Amazing Spider-Man #537:
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."

No comments:

Post a Comment